Tips for Success
Ten tips to help you succeed in using CPAP therapy:
- Wash your CPAP mask daily (warm soapy water or Citrus II mask cleaner and wipes).
- Check your filter every other week — clean or replace if dirty.
- Do not over tighten your mask; it may cause leaks.
- If you are tightening your mask because of leaks or comfort, your seal may be broken or needs to be replaced.
- Replace your mask and accessories every 6 months.
- Follow up with your physician as instructed.
- Keep in contact with your CPAP provider to ensure your success.
- Use distilled water for your water chamber.
- If you have any dryness in your nose or throat, try increasing the humidity.
- Use your CPAP all night, every night … and while napping
These are just some general tips. For specific issues and professional assistance please make an appointment and speak to one of our registered therapists at 403-457-1127
If you prefer to email us your specific questions please contact us online.