A concern that CPAP patients commonly deal with is how they are going to accommodate their machines during their summer camping trips, road trips, or even air travel. Diligent users know how awful they can feel after a couple of CPAP-less nights, but often feel they have no other option if they want to enjoy the summer months traveling or outdoors and don’t have easy access to a power source. Luckily, there is a solution: Medistrom’s portable CPAP batteries!
What are they?
Medistrom CPAP batteries have a few different functions:
- Backup power source for CPAP machines
- Backup power source for various handheld electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets, and cameras
- Portable battery for CPAP units (or any of the above devices)
This means that the battery can be used simply as a backup if you’re concerned about a finnicky power supply, or as a portable power source when there is limited or no access to electricity, such as at a campsite or on an airplane.
Why invest in a battery?
Most CPAP users who choose to invest in a Medistrom battery do so because they’re concerned about being able to use their CPAP on summer camping trips. It provides them with the peace of mind that they’ll be able to seamlessly use their CPAP over a weekend getaway. Others find the battery useful on long flights when they want to use their CPAP but have limited access to outlets.
In addition to helping make the most of summer fun, it’s useful to have a battery on hand in times of unexpected natural disasters like flooding or windstorms that could result in a power failure.
Features of the battery:
- Built-in LED light and USB (USB can be used for charging handheld electronics)
- Models available that are compatible with most Philips Respironics and DevilBiss (Pilot 12), and Resmed (Pilot 24) CPAP units – this includes the Resmed AirMini travel unit
- 1-2 full nights of usage on average CPAP settings
- Lightweight and small: weighs less than 2 lbs and measures 3.5” x 6.7” x 0.78”
- 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- Takes approximately 3-5 hours to charge
Don’t Risk Your Health!
As we know, the efficacy of CPAP treatment decreases without consistent use. Whether it be in times of emergency, a long flight, or a summer camping trip, portable CPAP batteries are a great thing to have on hand. They’re easy to use (you simply connect the charged battery to your CPAP with the cable provided), and generally quite durable over time.
There are plenty of reviews online that speak to the benefits of these portable batteries. If you’re curious and would like to see for yourself, schedule an appointment or stop by any Dream Sleep location and let us know you’re interested in learning more about the benefits and operation of these batteries.